The Employment Pass or EP is a visa issued to foreign entrepreneurs, shareholders, and executives so that they can establish and manage their businesses in the country. However, EPs can also be work visas issued to supervisors and managers, key employees, professionals, and skilled workers. For professionals and critical employees. Learn more about your EP eligibility here.
The requirements for the Employment Pass application:
- Fixed monthly salary.
- A recognized university diploma from a prestigious school
- Professional skills and talents
- More years of experience
Besides these factors, the Ministry of Manpower or MOM also decides based on the applicant’s age, current nationality, role, and responsibilities in a company. Contrary to popular belief, passing the study criteria does not automatically make you eligible for PE. The MOM makes an exception and grants this work visa to applicants with exceptional skills and qualifications, even if they do not meet the educational criteria.
Fortunately, applicants can file an appeal and provide the agency with additional documentation showing they are eligible for PE. Generally, the agency will take over three weeks to consider the request.
It is important to note that whenever there is a change of employer, the EP owner must immediately notify the MOM, who will then review the employee’s and employer’s qualifications and references: employers and their professional activities. However, EP holders can continue their current work pass as the agency will do this for them as soon as they are approved for a new visa.
In the meantime, the EP should be renewed every two or three years, depending on its effect on a given individual. Two months before this visa expires, a person will receive a notice from the MOM asking them to extend their visa four weeks before it expires.
EP Insurance Process:
- Once an eligible employer, you will visit the MOM website and request a work permit.
- The employee will need to provide the documents. It should contain details of your short-term visit pass or immigration pass. The address where the MOM can mail your Employment card. Boarding/disembarkation card and Health certificate.
- Pay the EP issuance fee.
- After the MOM issues the card, your employer will receive a letter stating that it allows you to enter and exit while waiting to accept your Employment Pass. Specify whether to register your fingerprint and photo.
Variety of cards and work permits for foreigners who want to work there. Eligibility criteria are different for each pass. You must know what is best for you to comply with employment standards. These are short-term cards that allow foreigners to work. These work permit holders intend to stay permanently and can take the next step.